lundi 14 février 2011

#NowReading : "Death is my Trade" (Robert Merle)


My brother and my father have always been very big fans of the Second World War (from a historical point of view, of course). And I must admit that I'm kinda fascinated by this period in history as well. I know some stuffs about the Nazi Party and officers such as Heinrich Himmler and Joseph Goebbels. It may sound weird, but so many things happened at that time and you gotta recognize WW2 is as intriguing as crazy.

I went to Poland in December 2010 and visited the concentration camps of Auschwitz and Auschwitz-Birkenau. These places were very impressive and terrible at the same time, especially the camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau (incredibly huge!...)... That's how I discovered the story of Rudolf Höss, the first commandant of Auschwitz concentration camp...

This sad visit gave me the envy to know more about this man and to read the book "Death is my Trade" written by Robert Merle. It's a fictionalized biography of Höss with a very interesting writing style. You should definitely read it...

My rating: 4/6

T!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire