mercredi 2 mars 2011

Love Of My Life : Neon Genesis Evangelion + Utada Hikaru "Beautiful World" (Song)

Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's style is pure illness!...

Thinking of it, I'm such a strange animefan sometimes. I been into manga and japanimation during all my childhood, then I been into rollerblading, which means I almost forgot manga culture. And finally I came back to this part of Asian subculture. But do you know how?

Nice fanart of Rei...

It's all thanks to Neon Genesis Evangelion. I discovered that anime of Gainax studio in 1998, and I immediately became a fan. In the first episode, you can already see the attention of detail of its creator Hideaki Anno, the thoroughness of his work and of course the overall quality of the animation. You have like everything in Evangelion: from the sexy characters (I'm such a fan of Rei Ayanami and Misato Katsuragi, 2 of my favorite anime/manga characters ever!...) to the music and the different atmospheres. Because Evangelion isn't all about giant robots fighting against strange creatures called Angels. There are also reflection, deep personalities, an incredible scenario, a rich background full of specifics, an amazing character design done by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (my favorite drawer)... All these elements assembled together create a unique universe where fiction (an alien threat mysteriously attacks Tokyo-3) meets reality (the characters live in Japan and have their personal problems). After all these years, Neon Genesis Evangelion is still my favorite anime.


We're in 2011 right now, more than 13 years after my first encounter with EVA and Angels. And I'm really happy to watch the new movies of Evangelion ("You Are (Not) Alone""You Can (Not) Advance"...), they're like a remix of the original story with a lot of surprises. If you're a fan, you can't miss them. And if you don't know anything about Evangelion, it's a good way to discover it.

And it's always a pleasure to see Misato, Rei and Asuka again after all this time. Here's the main theme of the new Evangelion movies: "Beautiful World" by the legendary Utada Hikaru ^^:


Peace to the Nerv : God's In His Heaven, All's Right In The World.


My rating: 6/6

T!

Misato...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire