vendredi 3 juin 2011

Tchek - "My Land" (Free Album)




I know I know I'm terribly late! Tchek dropped his album "My Land" a couple of weeks ago but I never had time to listen to it. So the album's free (a free project isn't necessarily a bad project, remember that) and the zip file is full of little bonus such as pictures, comments, songs lyrics... Tchek ain't playing when it comes to spoil the listener! It reminded me of what him and his crew Emeute Infernale did with their USB-memory-stick-mixtape "À l'Ancienne" : you can spend like hours in browsing all the different files.

But what interests us is (of course) the musical aspect of the project. Tchek's well known for his penchant for Electronic music and the mix he created between Hip-Hop, Progressive, Salsa, and even Drum & Bass is definitely convincing. A track like "Extortion" (featuring Rootwords) reminds me of Motoi Sakuraba compositions, it's as surprising as good. And it's just an example among the 13 tracks of "My Land" (plus the bonus tracks).

In short, lots of good things, entertaining and creative music. Nowadays, everybody tryinna produce Trap joints like Lex Luger. It's good that Tchek sticks to his universe, does his things and doesn't care about the rest. Cuz good music doesn't need to be fashionable right?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire