samedi 22 janvier 2011

"In The Making": artwork for Shade Sheist (1)



I'm actually working with Westcoast rapper Shade Sheist who asked me to draw his new single cover. The song's called "Queen" and it features Latoiya Williams (formerly of Snoop Dogg's Doggy Style Records) on the hook and French producer Sovan on the beat.

I did send a first ugly sketch to Sheist to give him an idea. It's kinda awful, I felt like I was 4 years old ^^... I think Sheist was scared when he saw that! But he was very polite in telling me that it was "almost what [he] had in [his] mind".



And here's the final rough of the setting. I'll continue the art a bit on the left and add the word "Queen" in the middle of the structure.




Time to put some ink and colours too! And after that, I'll draw Sheist on top of this strange "Queen" monument. Please stay tuned!

T!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire